Friday, August 29, 2014

Goal Domination

It's a holiday weekend, and for the first time in how many weekends, I don't have a single spec of plans. I kid you not. At first I was freaking out a bit, thinking I was going to let a glorious 3 day weekend go to waste without even going camping or on a short road trip somewhere and then I remembered I have goals and this is the perfect weekend to work on those. And by staying home this weekend I'm making headway on all three of them...woot woot!!! Talk about total goal domination.

Goal #1: Simplify budget: Helloooo! If I'm not going anywhere I won't end up spending money on things like snacks and gas for my car.

Goal #2: Simplify my closet: I keep putting it off because I wanted a big chunk of time to just sit and tackle it all at once and I haven't had any large chunks of time. I think a 3 day weekend counts as a large enough chunk of time though. If I can't get it done in 3 days, something is wrong.

Goal #3: Simplify my life: Saying no to adventures like camping and roadtrips is hard for me. BUT...by doing so I will have the time to stay home and organize and catch up on the rest of life which often gets overlooked and stresses me out from time to time.

Also lately I've fallen in love with the blog Apartment Therapy. They just have so many great ideas and I could (already have) spent hours scrolling through their articles. One I came across recently had some great ideas though on getting rid of stuff. If the clutter monster has gotten to you, click here to go read it, you won't be sorry!

0 comments:

Post a Comment