Tuesday, September 2, 2014

My brain is still on holiday so I have no great titles for this blog....

Does anyone else feel like they need another day off just to recover from the 3 day weekend? Because I do. Goodness it was hard to wake up this morning! Onto the topic at hand, goal domination did not happen this weekend. I was telling Kat last night that I think my room is more cluttered than when the week began.  I just have too much stuff. I really think the key to it is to get rid of stuff, but for whatever reasons I am really struggling with that.

I'm not sure if any of you have ever read the blog The Minimalists, but they are great.  One of them talks about his journey to minimalism and how he started it by putting everything into boxes except his essentials and then if he needed something he could go pull it out but whatever he didnt' use after a certain period of time he got rid of. So I"m thinking of doing that with my clothes. Since I'm not ready to part with them I'm just going to box them all up and whatever I don't use in the next month (obviously keeping in mind that I probably won't use my winter clothes so I'm not going to chuck those) will get chucked or donated. So the goal for this week is to do that by Friday.

As for my other goals, I'm making some progress on keeping my schedule simple, and budget wise, I'm not sure how much better I'm doing with it but I'm definitely a lot more aware of the money I'm spending.  I find myself often calculating in my head how much money I'll have left in my bank account if I buy this or spend money on this and how if I didn't spend it on those things how much I could put into my savings account. It's beginning to be like a game, I think I might like this budgeting thing.

One last thought for the day. I just became part of a Facebook group called SENSATIONAL September and the whole focus of it is to become more mindful. Now I know mindfulness can be used in a lot of ways but as I've been thinking about that and these goals that I'm working on I've realized that a lot of progress could be made from the simple act of just being more mindful. I think first thing with that would be to be more mindful of my actions. I think I often respond or act without even thinking about it but if I could learn to just take a moment to really think about the decision I'm making then I think that would be helpful. Also learning to be mindful of the moment and be in the now. I often put things off till tomorrow, and even with these goals I've noticed that I'll go to buy something or say no to something, but it's something I really want, so i'll tell myself that I'll just work harder on these goals...tomorrow. But that never happens. So I think being mindful that TODAY is the day to work on myself, not tomorrow. So hopefully as I practice mindfulness with the Facebook group this month, these goals of mine will start to come together a bit more.

1 comment:

  1. You're all over these goals! I love to hear that you're making progress and finding other avenues to support you. SO glad we started this journey!!

    ReplyDelete