Sunday, August 17, 2014

Shopping Trip

I thought that I'd have nothing to blog about until my vacation ended tomorrow, but boy was I wrong. You know what is a really easy thing to do on vacation? Spend money. When I found myself at the Park City Outlets one afternoon with a really cute sweatshirt in hand I realized that there was no better time than the present to work on simplifying my spending habits or else there was a good chance I'd end the afternoon with a car full of new things and spending amnesia.

I was out in Utah for my cousins wedding. I was a bridesmaid and told to wear a brown skirt, a cream shirt, and brown or red shoes. I had ordered the skirt previously, but I found myself in Utah 3 days before the wedding without shoes or a shirt still. The fix? Head to the outlets of course, so that afternoon my brother and I trekked up to Park City where we thought for sure it'd be a simple task to find a cream colored shirt and shoes. It proved to be a much more difficult task than we thought it would, which made it so we had to go into several stores than we planned. Stores filled with delightful sales and beautiful things. 

It's a funny thing because I honestly don't even really like to shop.  I get too impatient having to walk around the store and having to comb through each rack. And even more than that I hate trying clothes on. So typically I walk into a store, do a once over and wait for something to catch my eye. And if it does, I buy it. Depending on the price of course. But I'm a really great justifier so not many things go unsought. I usually figure that I go shopping so little that it's ok to go a little overboard when I do take a shopping trip.

Long story short, despite many cute things that caught my eye and several amazing sales, I walked away with just one thing....a cream colored shirt. Oh, I lied...and a pair of really cute earrings. All in all, I'd say that was a success! For all you who are wondering if I ever found shoes....because I know you're on the edge of your seat with curiosity, I took the smart route and borrowed some cute red flats from my partner in crime Kat. Pays to have a best friend with similar size feet as you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment