Monday, September 15, 2014

Updates lately

Life has been so chaotic this past week. I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to write. Here's a quick update....

I was doing really good implementing Kat's 20 minutes of cleaning a day rule. I found that after the first few days of having to force myself to do it, I realized that it was pretty painless and actually made a huge difference. It didn't always happen at the same time everyday but it did happen at some point which is the part that matters. That went well for a week or so, then I started cat sitting for some friends and have been staying at their apartment. Since I'm there most of the time, I only drop home to grab stuff I need for the next few days and drop off a few things too, so once again my room is becoming a clutter zone. I'm leaving town this weekend to go visit a friend and plan on getting all organized in both my spaces before I leave so I don't have to come home to a cluttered mess at either apartment. Because lets face it, there's nothing better than coming home after a long trip to a clean space.

Life-wise, I feel like I'm almost doing TOO good a job at taking time for myself lately. I have said no to almost everything and find that it's now bordering on anti-social. Do I care? of course not. I thrive by myself, but I probably shouldn't give in to my hermit like tendencies quite yet, I mean I'm only 26.  At what age though does it become ok to be the old cat lady (but minus the cats)?

I can't remember my 3rd goal right now, which means I'm probably not doing so well on it. OOOH wait, I remember...money. I'm not doing horrible but I'm not doing as good as I could be. I've been focusing lately on only eating out when I'm going out with friends, and not grabbing food on my way home or going out to eat alone just because I don't want to cook. That has been going better, but I still just need to work on mindful purchasing.

That's all the updates I have for you today folks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment