Monday, August 25, 2014

first day of school: simplified

Guys.

I survived my first day of school.That's one for the record books. Sort of.

The day started out with a meeting. What's new, right? 7:45 a.m. Waaaay before school even starts. BUT it was productive! And I kept it simple! Granted, I added plenty to my work "to do" list, and another meeting at noon added even more, but I stream-lined it all into one master list. And I accomplished so much more! It's amazing what writing down small, simple steps can do. Sure, my list may *look* longer, but I feel it's more manageable and I feel much less stressed than in "to do" lists past.

That's pretty much my entire update. I'm sticking to my guns for not over-committing, and it continues to make a world of difference. I've saved an hour or two each day to relax and unwind from the day's events. I find that the less I schedule, the more I can cross off my lists, and the better I feel about the progress I make, no matter how small. I also get to spend more time with the husband, which helps us figure out how to do this marriage thing. So here's to a short update. Now let me eat my string cheese and veg!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment